Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Just Married

One week ago, my little brother got married. It was an amazing day. The weather couldn't have been more gorgeous, and the location, the Star Prairie Trout Farm, was absolutely beautiful with little streams and ponds and bridges surrounding the ceremony. Eric and Susie both wrote their own vows that brought everyone to tears. The whole day was, in one word, PERFECT!
Scott, Maddox and myself were all in the wedding. This was Maddox's first gig as a ring bearer, and he did awesome! We were a little worried, because during the rehearal, he wouldn't stop crossing his eyes and sticking out his tongue as he walked up the aisle, but when it came to the real thing, I couldn't have been more proud of him. He looked so adorable in his little tux and tie and shiny shoes, drowning in the jacket. 
We owe a ginormous thank you to Scott's parents, Cary and Kelly, who graciously made the trip up to New Richmond to help watch the kids while Scott and I did the wedding party thing. We couldn't have done it without you!
I (obviously) don't have any pictures of during the ceremony or during the reception, but believe me when I say the ceremony was lovely and the reception was a blast! I do have some photos of the day to share...

Uncle Eric and Cecelia heading to the rehearsal Friday night:

 Cecelia, checking out the trout in the stream:

Maddox, getting ready for rehearsal:

Saturday morning, the girls all got ready at Brittany's house. My cousin, Renae, did an amazing job with everyone's hair. Bridesmaid Lizzie getting her hair done:

This pretty much sums up our morning - hair spray, bobby pins, and mimosas:

Flower Girl Jaeden getting her hair done:

 Susie's hair - stunning:

 The Bride getting her jewelry on:

The beautiful Bride:

The Groom:

Just Married!

Cecelia at the wedding: 

Maddox being goofy after the ceremony:

That's one exhausted ring bearer:

A bridesmaid bouquet and Eric and Susie's unity sand vase:

Uncle Eric and Maddox:

Susie and the groomsmen:

Uncle Eric and Maddox:

The happy couple:

Feeding the trout:

The wedding party:

The Tellijohn's!

Uncle Eric and Cecelia at the gift opening:

 I'm so happy for you, Eric, and I'm so excited to welcome Susie into our family! We were so honored to be a part of your day. 
For those of you who weren't at the wedding, I'll share my speech that I gave at dinner:

Eric, I remember the day you were born. I was 5 1/2 years old. I was staying at Grandma and Grandpa Tellijohn's and Mom and Dad called with the news you were born. I wanted a sister so badly, so when they told me you were a boy, I told them to leave you at the hospital. 
Yeah, I'll be the first to admit we didn't get off to the greatest start. The next few years were a little rocky too. There was a lot of yelling, and a lot of fighting, but I stand by my claim that it was pure coincidence that I was the one holding you when you hit your head on the wall, splitting open your forehead and requiring your first stitches. I was mean to you, but I wasn't that mean. 
Because we are 5 1/2 years apart, I feel like we've always been at slightly different places in our lives. When I was starting high school, you were still in elementary school. When I was going off to college, you were still in middle school. And when I was getting married and starting my life with Scott, you were still in high school. We took different paths in our lives, but ultimately ended up here, today, closer than we ever were growing up. So Eric, while I may not have ever wanted you born, I am now proud to call you my brother. You have found an amazing woman, Susie, to marry. And Susie, now I have my sister. Love you both!

Congratulations Eric and Susie! We love you!

1 comment:

justem said...

I saw these photos on facebook and was like "wait a minute, you mean Eric's still not like 3 feet tall and six years old?! ;) Great photos! LOVE Cecilia's dress for the rehearsal! :)