Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekend Getaway

In hopes of having better fishing luck, we went up to New Richmond this past weekend to see if the fish were biting any better up there. Ok, so really we went up to visit my parents and brother, but since the Willow River is so close, we figured it was a good chance for Maddox to try another round of fishing.
On Saturday, we all went to Mary's Park and the guys fished while my mom, Cecelia, and I relaxed on the dock. It was a beautiful morning, but neither the sunny skies nor the fresh worms were good luck--still no fish! Oh well, at least they had fun trying.
After fishing, we played at the park and enjoyed a picnic lunch.
That evening, my mom watched the kids (thanks, Mom!) while Scott, my dad and I ventured to Dave's BrewFarm in Wilson, WI. The beer was amazing, but I would not recommend going there on an empty stomach (or going there after not having drank more than a glass or 2 in over a year, for that matter)! Let's just say it's a good thing no pictures were taken of us there :)


Maddox, getting ready to fish.
Totally cool skull hat? Check!
Rock star sunglasses? Check!
Awesome life jacket? Check!
Animal crackers? Check!
I'm all set!
Grandma Danni & Maddox:
Maddox got brave enough to touch a worm:
The guys fishing:
Maddox caught something!
And then he realized it was pond scum and immediately freaked out and threw the pole:
After a long weekend, some people needed a nap:
All better now!

1 comment:

justem said...

I have never seen Maddox in Cecilia...until that last photo! They do look alike! So cute! :) Glad you had fun in NR!!