Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Admit One

Like most other little boys his age, Maddox is a huge fan of the Cars movie. He loves anything and everything to do with Lightning McQueen or Mater or any other character. So it was pretty much a no-brainer that his first movie theater experience would be Cars 2.
Monday evening we, along with Scott's brother and kids, went to see it. While we could have very easily just gone to a regular theater, we decided to do it up big and see it in the IMAX. And we didn't stop there--it was also in 3D! Talk about an intense first movie experience! We had prepared Maddox by telling him that it would be loud and on a screen much bigger than our t.v. That was an understatement. Maddox was completely mesmerized by the movie. I wish I had snuck my camera in to take a picture. He was so cute with his little 3D glasses on, sitting in the movie theater's booster seat, holding his tiny bag of popcorn, staring up at that ginormous screen. At one point Scott told me to look over and there he was, holding hands with Lily. So adorable!
I know he's pretty young, but I'm hoping he'll remember his first movie in the theater. This would be a hard one to forget. I was trying to remember mine, but I honestly don't know what it was. Mom & Dad, you'll have to help me out here.
Anyone else remember the first movie they saw in the theater?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, can't remember your first movie, Megan. It might have been "The Care Bear Story" but am not sure. Little Mermaid would have been close too. My first movie was Mary Poppins and I was 7! Love, Mom