Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Runners World

Scott and I ran around all weekend...literally. 
On Saturday evening, I ran the Madison 10K Twilight Run. This was my second time running this distance - 3 years ago I ran the Madison Quarter Marathon. This time, the race was moved to an evening run, starting at 8 pm. I liked the idea of an evening run - didn't have to worry about the sun beating down and the Capitol sure was pretty illuminated in the night. But for whatever reason, this run was more challenging than three years ago. Maybe it's because it didn't have that excitement of my first race, maybe it's because there weren't as many spectators cheering along the route, maybe it's because I was sorely unprepared for the hills (curse you Observatory, Breese and W. Wash!!), but in any event, I ran the whole thing and finished the race in a decent time (for me). I did have my supporters rooting for me. My parents were down for the weekend, and they and Cece waited at the finish line while Maddox and Scott were there to cheer around the 1.5 mile mark. 

Maddox rallied with his cow bell and encouraging words, "Mommy, are you done running yet?" :)

 Phew, made it up Observatory. Only 4.5 miles to go...

Cece got in on the cow bell action too:

 Waiting at the finish line. It's a little out of focus, but cute, nonetheless:

 Almost there...

The kids were both troopers and stayed to congratulate me at the end:

Real sweat. That means I worked hard :)

We quickly headed home after my race, because Scott had to be up bright and early for his race Sunday morning. He was supposed to run the Madison Marathon, but due to predicted high heat, the full marathon was cancelled, and most of the marathoners opted to run the Half Marathon instead. It's probably a good thing it was cancelled, since it got up into the 90s on Sunday. My dad went with Scott in the morning for his bright and early 7:12 am start time.

Scott, getting ready for his race. The yellow on his bib indicates he's a veteran:

I think this picture is great. It's like the Where's Waldo of runners. See if you can pick out Scott. I'll give you a hint: he's the only one looking at the camera:

I pulled Maddox out of bed with just enough time to jump in the van and get to Madison to see Scott finish his race while Grandma and Cece stayed at home. Mad was in a surprisingly good mood for not getting nearly enough sleep:

More cow bell!

There he is! Finish strong!

Another 1/2 marathon under his belt:

Back at home, Cece took part in the medal celebration with Daddy and Mommy's medals:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Megan & Scott! It was a fun weekend. Love, Mom