Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

Fun in the Sun

It was another busy weekend for our family! Scott had to work, but the kids and I headed up north to visit my parents and go to a birthday celebration/Tellijohn family reunion up at my Aunt Gail's cabin.

I was able to get out of work a tad early, so I thought we would be on track to get up to New Richmond around 9, but Cece had other ideas. I think we stopped 4 or 5 times. It went a little something like this: Stop for dinner. Stop because Cecelia is fussing - pull over to give her the pacifier; 5 minutes down the highway the pacifier is out. Stop to feed Cecelia. Smell something funky. Unload both kids from the van to go change Cece. Get to the dirty gas station bathroom and notice I have bright green poop all over the front of my ivory shirt and sweater. Perfect. Oh, and Cece also has bright green poop all over her white dress. Why were we wearing white? I'm now thinking that was really stupid. Change her. Maddox informs me that he has pooped too (no, he's not potty trained yet. Don't even get me started...) Because I didn't bring Cece's car seat in with me, I have no where to set her, so we go back out to the van so I can change Maddox. I also have to change my shirt do I don't stink like poop for the rest of the trip. Cece sets a world record for slowest bottle feeding. We are finally back on the road. Stop again to give Cecelia her pacifier again. And again, 5 miles down the road it's out and she's screaming again. Great. Maddox and I put up with her screaming until she falls asleep. Ahh, peace and quiet. Thank goodness for the dvd player in back for Mad. It's now way past their bedtimes, but we have arrived at our destination! Luckily both kids slept great while we were at my parents. Maddox even slept by himself in a bed, so I didn't have elbows or feet in my back all night. That was a bonus.

The rest of the weekend was nice. We watched Eric play in a bean bag tournament in Star Prairie on Saturday and then we headed up to Turtle Lake to my aunt and uncle's cabin. Nearly the entire Tellijohn clan was there (45 of us). The only ones missing were Scott, my cousin Joe and his wife and daughter. It was crazy to see all the kids and babies. I think we doubled the size of our family since last year! Maddox had a great time playing with his 2nd cousins, sitting on the 4 wheeler and taking his first boat ride. We celebrated my Grandma Charlotte's 79th birthday and a bunch of anniversaries. There was lots of good food and company!
Grandma Danni & Cecelia

Bean bag tournament.

"Yep, I have ketchup on my face. What's it to ya?"

Pretty Cece.

Some of the babies of the bunch.


Maddox & Tyler on the 4 wheeler.

Attempting to get a picture of the 2nd cousins.

Oops, there's 1 more :)

Planting one on Cece.

Our family minus Scott.

Grandma Charlotte, Stan and my Dad with his brother, 3 sisters and their spouses.

I love this picture. A bunch of the 2nd cousins dipping their toes in the water.

Maddox's first boat ride.

On Sunday, Maddox and my mom went swimming in the pool and giant bathtub (aka hot tub). My dad made a yummy dinner on the grill and we stopped to see Eric and Susie's new place.

Besides the heavy traffic, the drive back home was much more uneventful (thank goodness) in that we only stopped once and otherwise Cecelia was sleeping or entertaining herself and Maddox watched movies and barely made a peep.

It was great to see everyone!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Great to see you and the kids they grow so fast. Love the pic by the water too!

Anonymous said...

Good to have you home. You have a beautiful family. Missed Scott though! Love, Grandma Danni