Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fire Drill

Quick! What would you do if you saw this in your backyard?
Answer: have a party, of course!

This past weekend was Grandpa Greg and Grandma Danni's annual Oktoberfest bonfire and chili cookout. It was a fun weekend hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Eric and Susie. I also got to see my friends, Lauren and Ella!

We got started preparing for the party well before dark. Uncle Eric thinks of a creative way to build and start the fire every year, and this year he came up with the idea of building a tee pee. I helped by carrying big branches to put on the pile:
Uncle Eric positioned them just right:
The end result: a perfect bonfire tee pee:

After the burn pile was assembled, I found the food. My snack of choice for the night? Cheese Balls!
More cheese balls, please! I think this big bucket will do:
Later in the night and still eating cheese balls:

Daddy and me by the fire:

No comments: